Friday, June 22, 2012

ATC- Dew

This month's ATC exchange theme for Arts in the Cards was dew. Usually ideas come quickly to me. Not with this one, I struggled. My first attempt which was humorous ended up in the trash. The deadline was fast approaching and I do not like to miss deadlines especially for the reason "I just couldn't think of anything." I use ATCs as a way of playing around with new techniques, supplies, etc. I've been playing with watercolor so that's what I decided to do.  The leaf is a punch. I also used some silver fabric spray paint that I got on sale. It seemed to spray sideways so I got it everywhere including all over me! The quote, "Delicious tears! The heart's own dew," by poet Letitia Landon (1802-1838) and seemed to fit my experience personally. Not my best work but certainly not horrible. You can check out the wonderful dew cards on the group's blog. I particularly think Linda Edkins Wyatt rocked the theme. It's always best to surround yourself with people who make you step up. Which is why I am so sad that Wanda Stivison is leaving the group because of time constraints.  Wanda, you will be missed! Who makes you step up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.