Monday, February 13, 2012

Feeling Blue and Foto/Fiber

Here is my first indigo quilt which I have titled "Feeling Blue." This one was created completely out of scraps. I colored the appliqued circles with a fabric marker because they were much too white and bright. It is 22" (w) by 19.5" (h). This certainly boosted my confidence and I think it shows in my second indigo quilt which I will share tomorrow.

Exciting news on the challenge fabric front! Bonnie J. Smith has posted her finished challenge on her blog. It makes me chuckle every time I think about it. You don't want to miss seeing it. And Denise Frank has started her quilt! You can check out how she is manipulating the fabric. I'm so excited!

Count down to Foto/Fiber has begun! On Wednesday, you have the opportunity to own a great photograph by Virginia A. Spiegel, Karen Stiehl Osborn, and/or Cynthia Wenslow AND raise money for the American Cancer Society. You can preview the photographs by going to http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/FotoFiber2012PHOTOS1.html. In addition, you will receive a BONUS donated by 35 artists including me! Please join me in supporting this worthwhile event!







Here is one of my BONUSES. The silk was made during the time of the Soviet Union and I purchased it in the open air market in Osh, Kyrgyzstan. I am including a photograph of the women I purchased it from, one of my ATCs called "Memories of Kyrgyzstan" and three Kyrgyz postage stamps printed on fabric. And of course, I couldn't resist making a box to put it all in even though it's only suppose to fit in an envelope.

Now it's back to the studio for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.