Tuesday, November 8, 2011

From Kristin

Kristin kindly sent me a photograph of my Day of the Dead mask hanging in her home.  Doesn't it look like it belongs there? Kristin shares,  "Freezing outside, but warm here now especially with such a beautiful, perfect new piece of artwork on the wall. I have hung it adjacent to the prosperity chickens from India, the wedding basket from China, my sage and other native materials for smudging, the eagle feather given to me when I retired, the Tibetan bell and bowl, the little Buddha and other small pieces, all atop a lacquered bookcase that holds my "Selvedge"  magazines and knitting books. A little glimpse on the chair on the left of my Jacob's coat knit wool shawl that I wear as I write my Morning Pages each day.

Thank you so much for sending me such a perfect addition to my little sitting room here in my Montana bungalow!

Always now I will think of you when I am in that wonderful little room!" And I will think of Kristin often. I love when pieces of my artwork end up exactly where they belong.

 I can remember a time when giving away a piece of my artwork was so difficult. In part, it was because so much of me was put into the work and I think I was not confident enough to believe I could make something more. I wasn't even sure how or if my blog giveaways would be embraced.

I love Robert Collier's quote, "You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving--and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it--and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return." With this mask I've gained a new friend!

Do you find it difficult or easy to give away something that you have made?

2 comments:

  1. Red walls are so energetic, aren't they? The mask is just perfect among this collection. I love this place, as far as visible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, The walls are persimmon colored. The same color as the walls in my dining room. I love this place too. I know Kristin will be pleased. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.