Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yvonne Porcella

Yvonne Porcella has ovarian cancer. Yvonne and I created three quilts together for the Alliance for American Quilts so when the call went out for people to contribute blocks for a quilt, I knew I had to answer the call. We were asked to create blocks that were in Yvonne's style. I tried to take elements from some of the quilts we did together and add a little something from the AAQ too. It's a 10 inch block. I hope it cheers her and makes her recovery easier. Thanks to Jamie Fingal and Leslie Tucker Jenison for organizing this effort and putting the quilt together. I will continue to send loving and healing thoughts to Yvonne and I hope you'll join me.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, Please put some love and prayers into that block from me. I will send love and prayers to her each day and hope she gets them.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.