Saturday, February 27, 2010

ATCs for Art from a Heart

I belong to the Ning group started by Gary Reef called Art from the Heart. I've never participated in any of the challenges or groups so when the call went out to do ATCs (artist trading cards--2.5 inches by 3.5 inches), I decided I would do it. Art from the Heart is made up of artists and I only know of a few who work with fiber. In part, I guess this is part of the reason I haven't participated but mostly because I'm busy doing my own thing. However, I do love making ATCs, needed to feel a connection to others and these particular cards happened because I continue to clean out. Yep, I'm still making my way through everything I own. Feels good! The other day I was going through old files and I came across a pen and ink drawing I had done more than 30 years ago.  The paper was stained, folded and at first I thought unusable until I scanned it and worked Photo Shop's magic on it. I printed the drawing on paper that had old writing on postcards then I played with my watercolor pencils. I'm really pleased and hope that those who get one will also be happy. Monday I'll mail them off to England. Just having too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.