- You shall investigate the unfamiliar until it becomes familiar.
- You shall impose rhythmic repetition on the familiar.
- You shall vary this repetition in a many ways as possible.
- You shall select the most satisfying of these variations and develop these at the expense of others.
- You shall compose and recombine these variations one with another.
- You shall do this for its own sake, as an end in itself.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Rules of Play
I have uncovered another treasure in my efforts to clean out. This one is from 2002. It's Desmond Morris' Rules of Play from The Naked Ape."