Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Shoot



Here is Socorro being filmed by Dante Mozie for Medill News Service at the Northwestern. Only Martha and Socorro showed up for the filming. I think the rest are camera shy. I found out the piece will be about 2 minutes long. It's part of an arts/culture project called "Immigration in Chicago." There are 11 people doing these with different topics with sports being another one.

I went first to provide the background of the project. The only question that caused me to pause when I was asked why two members of the class did not make immigration quilts (you can see them in this photo). I basically told him that I had no desire to be the "police." That I viewed my job as a facilitator of creativity and expression. It will be interesting to see what happens with this. We can only trust that Dante will do a good job. Karen

1 comment:

  1. Karen, thank you for your work on behalf of this group. This is a story that has gripped my heart from the beginning and it needs to be told. Thank you for sharing these photos here with us.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.