Monday, May 25, 2009

"If I Only Knew"



I signed up for the Vintage Photo group for Postmark'd Art, a group that exchanges fabric postcards. I finished the 8 for the exchange and made an extra for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. It feels good to have something done that isn't due until September. I am a great procrastinator. I'll do things that need to be done, just not what I should be doing. Anyway, the photo is of my adopted grandmother, Rachel, (2nd on the left) dancing on the lawn with her friends in 1919 in Canton, Ohio. I titled the piece "If I Only Knew" because I didn't know about this part of her life until after she died. To me she was an extremely sweet and caring old woman who taught children piano. I wonder what people will think about me when I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.