Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beatriz Alvarez

While everyone went smaller, Beatriz didn't and for that I am truly proud of her. Beatriz was the first to make a pieced background too. I think Beatriz summed up the project so well when she said, "I have learned about history, increased my vocabulary and feel connected to a women that I never knew existed." Her quilt is called "Courage" and her artist statement is "I had the opportunity through this project to know the history of women with great faith and valor. She had faith and courage to change her life. She reminds me of women from my country that have to leave their country in order to find a better opportunity for their family."

"Con este proyecto tove la oportonidad de aprednder la historia de ona mujer con mucho valor y fe para cambiar so vida y el cual me recuerda a las mujeres de mi pars que lo tienen que dejar para boscar una major oportonidad para so familia."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.