Saturday, October 15, 2011

Why Quilts Matter

For nearly three years I worked on the documentary, Why Quilts Matter: History, Art and Politics. The Amercian Quilts Society Blog has a preview of Episode 3 available for online viewing (went up today and I had a tough time finding it so I thought I would make it easy for you). I'm actually in it. You can also learn and watch more previews about this nine part documentary by visiting the Why Quilts Matter site. The film was produced by the Kentucky Quilt Project, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, under the leadership of Shelly Zegart.


Also if you are headed to Pacific International Quilt Festival XX in Santa Clara, California, please make sure you check out the special exhibition, The Unspoken Truth About Racism: A Dialogue in Art Quilts About Racism, by the Fiber Artists for Hope. My quilt, Me, You and Everyone, is there. A friend shared that they used a huge pipe so my quilt does not hang particularly well even with its four inch sleeve. I am learning to let go of these kinds of things that are beyond my control.  I can only hope that people can understand and overlook that and understand the message I am trying to convey. If you happen to see it or have seen the exhibition in your travels, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Make it a great weekend! I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.