Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wordless Wednesday



I guess today won't be wordless since I received two emails (thank you Carolyn and Sue) asking questions and encouraging me to share the story. This is Alicia and she was one of my students when I taught at the National Museum of Mexican Art. Whenever Alicia was stuck on what to do next, she would go to the fabric bins and "Listen to the fabric because I know some of the will speak to me and give me direction." She was always so engrossed in what she was doing and so full of joy when she had found the fabrics that spoke to her. For me, it was always a joy to watch her in this process. I'm not sure people who do not work with fabric would understand this. What fabrics have spoken to you?

8 comments:

  1. My husband's suit -- after it got moth holes, I made a wool quilt for him, using most of the fabric.
    http://colourful-research.blogspot.com/search/label/bauhaus%20quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, What was your husband's reaction? What about the suit spoke to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wordless Wednesday, I would likek to share some pictures of my indigo installation "Thoughts of the Mind" http://.www.bonniesmith.vpweb.com/indigo

    Bonnie J. Smith

    www.bonniejofiberarts.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, This installation is great. What about indigo inspired you? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, it is the mystery that the color produces. A fellow artist was visitng one day and saw the single strand of indigo I had dyed. When she picked it up and placed it in her hand some thing within me clicked. Sixty thousand feet of dyed indigo string later and I am still exploring the power of indigo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, I love when these kinds of moments happen in our lives and we honor the gift. Thanks for answering my question. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.