Thursday, September 6, 2018

Creating a Book Out of Memories

This one kept me up because I was so excited. It began as a three ring binder of sermons from the 30s and 40s from the New York Avenue Presbyterian Church in Washington, D.C. Most of the sermons were given by Dr. Peter Marshall (emigrated to the U.S. From Scotland and was appointed as the U.S. Senate Chaplain) but there is one from John D. Rockefeller, Jr. I added other letters, papers and a piece of cloth with the Old Rugged Cross printed on it. My family loves to keep keys. Do you? The photograph is from 1916 and is of Rachel Knuth Field. She married my dad's legal guardian in 1955. She was 43. She was one of the kindest people I have ever met. I still miss her even though she has been gone from my life for a long time. I hope she would be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.