Sunday, September 2, 2018

A.I.R. Studio Artist Residency

If you have read my blog, you know that I feel strongly about doing things that put me outside my comfort zone. For the next two weeks, A.I.R. Studio in Paducah, Kentucky. 

So what am I hoping to accomplish?

In 2013, nine of my friends died (some expected, most a shock) and my mother-in-law from Alzheimer's. The following spring, my dad died. I grieved. Each year brings loss of another family member and more friends. So much of my art in recent years has dealt with pain and loss, which has helped me come to terms with my own mortality and the need to not put things off. Having inherited things from both family and friends has also lead me to exploring the relationships to possession, loss, the notion of value and the act of keeping other people's memories.

I know that my children will not want most of what I own so it is my hope that I can take what has been given to me and create something that has new meaning and others will love. Cannot wait to share with you my new adventure. Setting up the gallery now. Photos soon! And if you're in town, stop by!

2 comments:

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.