Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Passing of Time and the Necessity for Change

When Franki Kohler shared that Postmark'd Art had turned 10 years old in June, I was surprised. As a charter member (there are only 6 of us left), I had not realized that 10 years had passed. What does that say about me?

Postmark'd Art provided me with a wonderful opportunity to grow in a supportive community. I also made some wonderful friends and was treated to some pretty incredible art.

For this round, I signed up for the "symbols" group. It will be my last trade with the group. Leaving was not an easy decision but a necessary one. I realize that I need to focus on making meaningful art and that I am not going to live forever so it is time to let some things go. I highly recommend getting involved in some kind of trading art group. Have you belonged to one?

I rust dyed the background fabric then lightly painted some of the areas to make the tone-on-tone checkered pattern more noticeable.  The palmistry hand is an old wood block print which I used TAP (transfer artist paper) to apply (text too). The two additional fabrics are a batik and a piece of blue linen. It was fun to make and I hope all who receive the card are happy. Now I will work through my bittersweet feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.