Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Green Man

Maybe because as a child my dad made leprechauns real that the Green Man--the mystical spirit who stands for Nature in it most wild and untamed form, a man with leaves for hair, who dwells deep within the forest appeals so much to me. To date, he is also the largest clay mask I have made. He is nearly 24 inches tall by 20 inches wide. Whether he is completely done is uncertain. I need to live with him for a few days, but I did want to share. I know that tomorrow I see if I can tone down the shininess of the glazes that I used. And yes, each leaf is two layers fused together and stitched. Overall, I am happy. Much happier than my attempt many years ago at making a quilted one. That said, I still like my journal sized Green Man which hangs in my studio.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Green Man and Earth Mother. Your works of art are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of the green man before! very cool...I do like him with the moss moustache in your next post

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.