Friday, May 21, 2010

Buy a Book and Help Save a Quilt Group

Los hilos de la vida is a mostly Latina quilt group in Boonville, California. They published this wonderful (English and Spanish) 83 page book. I wrote the introduction (Yes, I know my name is misspelled. If this is the worse thing that happens to me, it's all good.) because of my involvement with the group and because I believe in what they are doing.--creating story quilts with meaning and changing the lives of the women and their families. I interviewed 35 Los hilos participants for Quilters' S.O.S. - Save Our Stories so if you want to more about the women and children involved in the project you can read their interviews and see the quilts (many are in the book).

Funding has been lost. Molly Johnson Martinez, their fearless leader, is an amazing woman. She has fundraised tirelessly for years. She even raised enough to buy the building where they meet. Unfortunately, funding for her salary has been lost so the future of the group is uncertain. If you purchase the book ($20) or book with DVD ($30) from my blog, I'll pay for the shipping. All the money goes to Los hilos. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.