Saturday, March 13, 2010

Block for Beth

When I lived in Houston, Texas, I started a group called Kindred Spirits. Eighteen of us met every Wednesday at my house. We started in April so the group will be 12 years old soon and going strong. We got "funky" to help us loosen up and be creative. We made funky chickens (more than I care to admit), tea pots, chairs, hats, hearts, etc. Beth joined the group after I left but I knew her from the guild. She has a wonderful mother and a relationship with her mother that I envy. Her mom's health is not good so Beth has been spending lots of time with her. It has been stressful so Kindred Spirits decided to make her a quilt. The requirements were the background had to read black, you had to include your hand and a heart. I chose to do my left hand because it is the one closest to my heart. I hope it brings her joy and reminds her how much I care. It feels good to do a group project again and to feel a small part of the group again. Thanks Marti!

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. --Leo Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.