Friday, December 5, 2014

Mixed Media at Heart

I think I am a mixed media artist at heart. I am also a collector of things and it felt good to use some of the things I have collected over the years. Some of the things I used for "Crow Spirit" I have had for more than 20 years. The clay part has been hanging around waiting for me to have time to finish it. My life is truly out of balance so I decided to stop doing for others and take time for me. I am so glad that I did because I really love how it turned out and I feel lighter, happier.

I am putting this in the ClaySpace Ceramic Arts Center's Holiday Open House that is happening this weekend. Not sure I am quite ready to see it go but cash is needed to continue my newest vice--clay. I also donated on of my journals for the raffle. Last year my journal raised the most money. There is stiff competition this year. However, I am happy to support the arts and my community this way.


1 comment:

  1. This is stunning, meaningful and just plain great!
    Balance will return, in time. This too will pass dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.