Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mind Mapping

One of themes for this (our 16th) round for Postmark'd Art was "Maps." I decided to do a play on Mind Mapping which is a diagram used to visually outline information. I had learned mind maps from a journal class I took from Corless Brown Ferrara in 1993. Being a strongly visual person, mind maps are a great tool. Of course, the minute I finished my postcards I found the perfect brain material in my stash.

I love serendipity. Writer Elizabeth Berg said, "Sometimes serendipity is just intention unmasked." I was looking through the December/January issue of Quilting Arts Magazine and was pleasantly surprised to discover that they are having a Reader Challenge called "Map It Out." Check out page 70.  And while I have hundreds of things that I should be doing, I decided to get right to work on my quilt. Here is what I have so far. Please let me know if you decide to enter a quilt too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.