Sunday, March 15, 2015

Gratitude

You have to believe the buds will blow, 
Believe in the grass in the days of snow;
Ah, that the reason a bird can sing
O his darkest day he believes in Spring.
                              -D. Malloch

My bronchitis and sinus infection has not gone away (more than three weeks) even after a round of antibiotics. I cannot remember the last time I was this ill for this amount of time. To say that I am not a good sick person is putting it mildly. It looks like I am back to the doctor tomorrow. 

I was feeling particularly low on Friday so you can imagine my surprise when a box arrived at my door. I didn't order anything and did not even think that it could be for me. Diane Dunder, you sure know how to make a girl cry. Thank you, thank you! I am speechless. Your wonderful piece of artwork now hangs in my office. I am deeply, deeply touched by your kindness and plan to pass it on. 

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts on teaching at the local quilt shop. I have decided to release the place with love. Time to get healthy, regroup and figure out what's next for me. "We are all here just for a spell and then pass on. So get a few laughs and do the best you can. Live your life so that whenever you lose it, you are ahead." -Will Rogers

2 comments:

  1. It takes a lot of work and forethought to stay well in a time when others don't respect the contagions they share with others when they are ill. That said, it is up to us to request that others in our group do not attend functions when they are ill. Even when they say they feel better, if when they cough it sounds like a smokers cough, then they are still contagious. It is called respect. I take Echinacea if I am going to be in a group and Echinacea + Airborne if I think I might have been exposed to something contagious.
    Great blog. Get well, stay well.

    ReplyDelete

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.