Saturday, May 24, 2014

Clay Dyed Fabric: The Journey to Get All My "Vices" in One Room

As many of you know, I took up ceramics in September 2013 as a way of getting outside my comfort zone. For the last six months, I have been experimenting with different types of clay which. has created small amounts of clay being leftover. What to do? Since I am also trying to get all my "vices" in one room, I decided to try dyeing with the leftover bits of clay. This is my first attempt and I have to say, I'm hooked! I used PFD fabric and terra cotta clay to create this piece. I want to thank Kimberly Baxter Packwood for sharing on her website how to do it. The next clay that I am going to try is a brown stoneware from California. This is just too much fun and I can't wait to use the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.