Saturday, July 9, 2011

President's House: Their Untold Stories in Quilts

The catalog for The President's House: Their Untold Stories in Quilts arrived which was exciting. Carolyn Crump did a great job with the design. Michelle Flamer, the curator, accomplished something amazing with this exhibition. If you are visiting Philadelphia before September 1, please check out this incredible exhibition which can be viewed at three different institutions--Independence Visitors Center, National Constitution Center and the African American Museum in Philadelphia. I am particularly proud of my group Las puntadas del alma/Stitches of the Soul. Their quilts can be seen at the Independence Visitors Center. If you go, please send me photos. Finances simply don't allow me to attend.

Carolyn Crump and I was fortunate to have our quilts selected for the press conference back in March. How cool is that? I am so grateful.



1 comment:

Love comments! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.